The teams of two friendly companies DISCOVER ARMENIA and SAKARTVELO TOUR invite you to make an unforgettable journey through Armenia and Georgia. An exciting tour program will introduce you to the true cultural, historical and gastronomic traditions of our countries. Ancient monasteries and temples, excellent cuisine and wine, fascinating dances and melodious songs, and that's not all! You will learn to bake famous Armenian lavash and Georgian bread, master the subtleties and secrets of culinary art of Armenia and Georgia under the guidance of both an experienced chef and an ordinary housewife. We love to receive guests, and we treat them warmly and with great love. Having been in Armenia and Georgia, you will find new friends and take away unforgettable impressions with you. Believe me, you still want to come back to us!
Meeting with guests. Transfer airport Zvartnots Yerevan. Check in at the hotel.
Walking tour of Yerevan, with a guide - North Avenue, Cascade, Opera and Ballet Theater.
Northern Avenue is a pedestrian avenue in Yerevan, Armenia, opened in 2007. It is in the central Kentron district and links Abovyan Street with Freedom Square on Tumanyan street. It is 450 metres (1,480 ft) long and 27 metres (89 ft) wide.
Located in downtown Yerevan, the avenue is mainly home to luxurious residential buildings, high-end branded shops, commercial offices, coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs.
Armenian National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet named after Alexander Spendiaryan in Yerevan was officially opened on 20 January 1933, with Alexander Spendiaryan's Almast opera performance. The opera building was designed by the Armenian architect Alexander Tamanian. It consists of two concert halls: the Aram Khatchaturian concert hall with 1,400 seats and the Alexander Spendiaryan Opera and Ballet National Theatre with 1,200 seats.
The Cascade is a giant stairway made of limestone in Yerevan, Armenia. It links the downtown Ketron area of Yerevan with the Monument neighborhood. Designed by architects Jim Torosyan, Aslan Mkhitaryan, and Sargis Gurzadyan the construction of the cascade started in 1971 and was partially completed in 1980.
This decoration of the city, in the form of a kind of architectural composition, which resembles the Tower of Babel.
20:00 dinner in the restourant Yerevan Pandok.
09:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
Excursion to Garni Geghard, brandy factory Ararat with degustation, saint city Ejmiatsin with a guide.
Garni historical and architectural complex Garni is located next to the eponymous modern village. Garni Temple is the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
Geghard is a medieval monastery in the Kotayk province of Armenia, being partially carved out of the adjacent mountain, surrounded by cliffs. It is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with enhanced protection status. While the main chapel was built in 1215, the monastery complex was founded in the 4th century by Gregory the Illuminator at the site of a sacred spring inside a cave. The monastery had thus been originally named Ayrivank (Այրիվանք), meaning "the Monastery of the Cave". The name commonly used for the monastery today, Geghard, or more fully Geghardavank (Գեղարդավանք), meaning "the Monastery of the Spear", originates from the spear which had wounded Jesus at the Crucifixion, allegedly brought to Armenia by Apostle Jude, called here Thaddeus, and stored amongst many other relics. Now it is displayed in the Echmiadzin treasury.
The spectacular towering cliffs surrounding the monastery are part of the Azat River gorge, and are included together with the monastery in the World Heritage Site listing. Some of the churches within the monastery complex are entirely dug out of the cliff rocks, others are little more than caves, while others are elaborate structures, with both architecturally complex walled sections and rooms deep inside the cliff. The combination, together with numerous engraved and free-standing khachkars is a unique sight, being one of the most frequented tourist destinations in Armenia. Most visitors to Geghard also choose to visit the nearby the pagan Temple of Garni, located further down the Azat River. Visiting both sites in one trip is so common that they are often referred to in unison as Garni-Geghard.
13:00 Lunch in the Garni restaurant “7 stones” (with a magnificent landscape on the gorge, the mountains of Garni and overlooking the temple).
16:00 excursion to brandy factory Ararat.
Yerevan Brandy Company, commonly known with its famous brand "ArArAt", is the leading enterprise of Armenia for the production of cognac. It was founded in 1887, during the period of the Russian Empire. After the Sovietization of Armenia, the factory became a state-owned enterprise. In 1999, the government of independent Armenia sold the factory to the French Pernod Ricard company for distilled beverages. The variety of the company's cognac products are labeled and publicized as ArArAt.
17:00 Экскурсия в кафедральный собор Эчмиадзин.
Etchmiadzin Cathedral is the mother church of the Armenian Apostolic Church, located in the city of Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin), Armenia.According to scholars it was the first cathedral built in ancient Armenia,[E] and is considered the oldest cathedral in the world. The original church was built in the early fourth century—between 301 and 303 according to tradition—by Armenia's patron saint Gregory the Illuminator, following the adoption of Christianity as a state religion by King Tiridates III. It replaced a preexisting temple, symbolizing the conversion from paganism to Christianity. The core of the current building was built in 483/4 by Vahan Mamikonian after the cathedral was severely damaged in a Persian invasion. From its foundation until the second half of the fifth century, Etchmiadzin was the seat of the Catholicos, the supreme head of the Armenian Church. Although never losing its significance, the cathedral subsequently suffered centuries of virtual neglect. In 1441 it was restored as catholicosate and remains as such to this day. Since then the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin has been the administrative headquarters of the Armenian Church. Etchmiadzin was plundered by the Safavids in 1604, when relics and stones were taken out of the cathedral to New Julfa in an effort to undermine Armenians' attachment to their land. Since then the cathedral has undergone a number of renovations. Belfries were added in the latter half of the seventeenth century and in 1868 a sacristy was constructed at the cathedral's east end.Today, it incorporates styles of different periods of Armenian architecture. Diminished during the early Soviet period, Etchmiadzin revived again in the second half of the twentieth century, and under independent Armenia. As the main shrine of religious Christian Armenians worldwide, Etchmiadzin has been an important location in Armenia not only religiously, but also politically and culturally. A major pilgrimage site, it is one of the most visited places in the country. Along with several important early medieval churches located nearby, the cathedral was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000.
Returning to Yerevan.
20:00 Dinner in the restourant Ani Pandok.
09:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
Excursion to Xor Virap, Noravank, Areni wih degustation and guide.
The Khor Virap is an Armenian monastery located in the Ararat plain in Armenia, near the closed border with Turkey, about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) south of Artashat, Ararat Province, within the territory of ancient Artaxata. The monastery was host to a theological seminary and was the residence of Armenian Catholicos.
Khor Virap's notability as a monastery and pilgrimage site is attributed to the fact that Gregory the Illuminator was initially imprisoned here for 13 years by King Tiridates III of Armenia. Saint Gregory subsequently became the king's religious mentor, and they led the proselytizing activity in the country.
In the year 301, Armenia was the first country in the world to be declared a Christian nation. A chapel was initially built in 642 at the site of Khor Virap by Nerses III the Builder as a mark of veneration to Saint Gregory. Over the centuries, it was repeatedly rebuilt. In 1662, the larger chapel known as the "St. Astvatsatsin" (Holy Mother of God) was built around the ruins of the old chapel, the monastery, the refectory and the cells of the monks. Now, regular church services are held in this church. It is one of the most visited pilgrimage sites in Armenia.
Noravank is a 13th-century Armenian monastery, located 122 km from Yerevan in a narrow gorge made by the Amaghu River, near the town of Yeghegnadzor, Armenia. The gorge is known for its tall, sheer, brick-red cliffs, directly across from the monastery. The monastery is best known for its two-storey Surb Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God) church, which grants access to the second floor by way of a narrow stone-made staircase jutting out from the face of building. The monastery is sometimes called Noravank at Amaghu, with Amaghu being the name of a small and nowadays abandoned village above the canyon, in order to distinguish it from Bgheno-Noravank, near Goris. In the 13th–14th centuries the monastery became a residence of Syunik's bishops and, consequently, a major religious and, later, cultural center of Armenia closely connected with many of the local seats of learning, especially with Gladzor's famed university and library.
Areni is a village in the Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia. It is best known for its wine production, although the majority of wine produced locally is from the nearby village of Getap. The church of S. Astvatsatsin is a single-nave two-aisled domed Armenian church completed in the year 1321, and is located atop a plateau overlooking the Arpa River and Areni. It was designed by the architect and sculptor Momik who is best known for his high-relief carvings at the monastery of Noravank (located approximately 6 kilometers southeast from Areni). Nearby are also the 13th century ruins of lord Tarsaitch Orbelian of Syunik's palace, moved from Yeghegis to Areni during that time. Ruins of a 13th-century bridge built by Bishop Sarkis in 1265-1287 are one kilometer northeast of the church. At the same location are the remains of an older bridge
Duration is 5-6 hour.
13:00 lunch at the “Country House”. Where you will get acquainted with the national cuisine of the region cooked by the owners of the house.
14:30 degustation of armenian wine in Areni.
Returning to Yerevan
20:00 dinner in the restourant Old Jrvej.
09:30 breakfast at the hotel.
10^00 check out at the hotel.
Transfer to the border of Georgia, on the road Excursion to Sevan, Sevanavank, Dilijan.
This is without doubt one of the most exciting places in Armenia. This miracle of nature is located 60 km from Yerevan. Sevan is considered the pearl of Armenia. As the largest freshwater basin in the South Caucasus, Sevan is the second largest alpine lake in the world after the Bolivian Lake Titicaca. The gentle turquoise of the waters of Sevan is always amazing, the lake is immensely harsh and majestic. The mystery of the origin of Sevan was not completely unraveled. Some experts believe that the lake’s cup is the crater of an extinct volcano, while others say that millions of years ago, volcanic lava formed a natural reservoir that holds water inside.
Dilijan is a city in the Republic of Armenia, mountain climate and spa resort. Located on the river Agstev (right tributary of the Kura).
As of the 2011 census, Dilijan has a population of 17,712, down from 23,700 reported in the 1989 census. Currently, the town has an approximate population of 16,600 as per the 2016 official estimate. The Armenian government is planning to turn Dilijan into a regional financial capital, beginning with the move of much of the Central Bank's operations to Dilijan in 2013. Dilijan is currently the fastest-growing urban settlement in Armenia.
13:00 lunch in Dilijan. Transfer to the border of Georgia.
17:00 Welcome guests at the Georgian border in Sadakhlo by the Georgian side. Transfer Sadakhlo-Tbilisi.
09:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
10:00 excursion. Tbilisi-Djavari-Mtsxeta.
Walking tour of the Old Town (Metekhi Temple - Narikala Fortress - Sulfur Baths - Mosque - Meydan Square - Chardin Street - Sioni Temple - Anchiskhati Church - Peace Bridge).
14:00 Visit to the Temple of Jvari ("Temple of the Holy Cross"), built in the VI. (30 km from Tbilisi). It stands on a high mountain, from where a beautiful panorama of the confluence of two majestic Aragvi and Kura rivers opens. According to the legend, Holy Equinox Nino herself erected a cross on this very mountain. Jvari is the first UNESCO World Heritage Site in Georgia. In addition, as they say, Jvari is the same monastery about which Lermontov wrote in his poem Mtsyri.
Visit the ancient capital of the Eastern Georgian kingdom - Kartli (Iberia) - the city of Mtskheta. This is a holy and cult place for every Georgian. The city was founded in the 2nd half of the 1st millennium BC. The capital remained until the V century. n e. For unique Christian relics, Mtskheta is called the “Second Jerusalem”. We will visit the Svetitskhoveli Temple (translated as “The Life-Giving Pillar”, at the base of which one of the main Christian shrines is buried is the Heaton of the Lord, as well as the burial place of many Georgian kings).
After excursion dinner in restourant with georgian dances.
09:30 breakfast at the hotel.
10:00 Excursion to GORI - UPLISTIKHE - Chateau Ateni.
A visit to a very interesting ethnographic museum in Gori. A trip to Uplistsikhe is the first Georgian cave city. It is believed that the city was formed around 1000 BC, and finally became empty only in the XIX century. Before the adoption of Christianity, Uplistsikhe was the sacred, religious center of the state of Kartli (Iberia). The main thing was the temple of the Sun on the highest point of the city. After the baptism of Georgia in 337, Uplistsikhe went into a deaf opposition. The conflict with the then Christian Mtskheta escalated into direct war, the city was seriously damaged, the temple of the Sun was destroyed. Today in Uplistsikhe can explore the caves, located in groups and interconnected paths, transitions. Part of the caves (the central ensemble, the palace complex, the church) is richly ornamented.
A trip to Chateau Ateni, where you will take part in the tasting of a unique wine, with lunch.
Returning to Tbilisi.
09:30 Breakfast at the hotel.
10:00 EXCURSION IN KAKHETI (BODBE - SIGNAGES - ARCISIS XEOBA - DEDOPLISSKARO)
On the way, we drive into the town of Mziguli, where you can taste matsoni made from real buffalo milk, in the same place, real Georgian village bread.
Bodbe Monastery is a functioning convent. According to legend, it was here in 335 that St. Nino died at the age of 60, passing through the whole country with the preaching of Christianity. Over the grave of St. Nino, King Mirian in the VI. built a church and founded a nunnery. During the Iranian expansion for several centuries, the monastery was male. The status of women (in the XIX century) was returned to him by the Russian emperor Alexander III. Today at the monastery there are icon painting and gold embroidery workshops. In the gorge to the northeast of the monastery is the source of St. Nino ("Ninos Tskaro") with healing water. Currently there is a swimming pool and a small church.
Signagi - “the second Las Vegas”, because you can register your relationship around the clock! The town of Sighnaghi appeared on the site of the destroyed old fortress in the XVIII century under the king of Heraclius II. Once, Sighnaghi was surrounded by a four-kilometer wall that saved people from enemies. But with the growth of population now only a small part of the city is inside the wall. Climbing the wall, we can admire the view of the beautiful city and the Alazani Valley planted with vineyards.
Along the way, you will visit the area of Vashlovani Reserve, or rather, in the Eagle Gorge, where you can admire beauty and unusualness, enjoy the ride to Mount Elia and the temple of Elijah the Prophet, located on it, is the main place of worship for Orthodox believers of the Dedoplistskaro regional center. Here in the V century a temple was built, which collapsed, presumably due to harsh climatic conditions. These places are known for soft rocks like limestone. There are constantly blowing winds that dry and sweep the rock.
Artsivis Kheoba, which means “eagle gorge” - is a natural monument, and is a unique complex, which consists of two objects. One part is a canyon of calcareous rocks, the second is from a part of the surrounding forest where the Hornabuji fortress was built (5th century). 145-160 million years ago in this part of the ocean due to the growth of coral reefs accumulated inert material, from which two hundred-meter canyon rocks formed.It is from this period that coniferous bushes grow here - Eastern Biota - the flora of the local region and the native inhabitants of the Tibetan mountains. Nature here draws landscapes of amazing beauty against the background of the Caucasus Mountains and the Alazani Valley. Artsivis Cheoba is also a real bird country. At various times of the year, up to 70 bird species can be seen here, starting with the bald Eurasian vulture, with its wingspan of 2.8 m and weighing more than 10 kg, to the smallest bird, the wren, whose size is 9.5 cm, whose weight is not exceeds several tens of grams. The gorge is home to such beautiful birds as griffon vultures, pheasants and black storks.From the rocky slopes of the gorge on the hanging rocks, it is possible to see the nests of vultures and species of rare / endangered plants that are not found anywhere else in Georgia.
In the evening, lunch - dinner in Dedoplitskaro, in a hospitable Georgian family, where we have our own marani, we learn Georgian cuisine (master classes), where we taste wine and chacha.
Returning to Tbilisi.
Transfer to Armenia