Home > Destination > Discover Armenia

Discover Armenia 6 Days

Discover Armenia

The tour is intended for those who are discovering Armenia for the first time and envisage visiting the main tourist destinations of the capital, as well as tours to the most popular and fascinating places of Armenia outside of Yerevan. The tour is intended for a family holiday, a friendly company, or as a gift.

Day 1
Day 1

Meeting with guests.

Transfer airport Zvartnoc - Yerevan

Price for transfer - 28 USD/ for 2 people

Check in hotel

Automobile walking tour in Yerevan, with a guide - North Avenue, Cascade, Opera and Ballet Theater.

Northern Avenue is a pedestrian avenue in Yerevan, Armenia, opened in 2007. It is in the central Kentron district and links Abovyan Street with Freedom Square on Tumanyan street. It is 450 metres (1,480 ft) long and 27 metres (89 ft) wide.

Located in downtown Yerevan, the avenue is mainly home to luxurious residential buildings, high-end branded shops, commercial offices, coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs.

Armenian National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet named after Alexander Spendiaryan in Yerevan was officially opened on 20 January 1933, with Alexander Spendiaryan's Almast opera performance. The opera building was designed by the Armenian architect Alexander Tamanian. It consists of two concert halls: the Aram Khatchaturian concert hall with 1,400 seats and the Alexander Spendiaryan Opera and Ballet National Theatre with 1,200 seats.

The Cascade is a giant stairway made of limestone in Yerevan, Armenia. It links the downtown Ketron area of Yerevan with the Monument neighborhood. Designed by architects Jim Torosyan, Aslan Mkhitaryan, and Sargis Gurzadyan the construction of the cascade started in 1971 and was partially completed in 1980.

Inside the Cascade, underneath the exterior steps, are seven escalators that rise along the length of the complex. There are also exhibit halls connected to some of the landings along the escalators which compose the Cafesjian Museum of Art. The exterior of The Cascade features multiple levels adorned with fountains and modernist sculptures from the Cafesjian collection. The stairs afford walkers unobstructed views of central Yerevan and Mount Ararat. At the base of the Cascade is a garden court yard with statues by contemporary sculptures such as Botero. There are a number of cafes and restaurants on both sides of the Cascade frequented by locals and tourists. Classical and jazz concerts often take place at the Cascade during spring, summer and early autumn, with spectators sitting on the steps.

Price excursion with guide - 140 USD / for 2 people

Day 2
Day 2

9:00 Breakfast at the hotel

13:00 lunch in Sevan

Price for lunch - 22 USD/ for 1 people/ without alcohol

Excursion to Dilijan, Lake Parz, Haghardzin with guide.

Dilijan is a spa town and urban municipal community in the Tavush Province of Armenia. Usually called Armenian Switzerland or Little Switzerland by the locals, it is one of the most important resorts of Armenia, situated within the Dilijan National Park. The forested and reclusive town is home to numerous Armenian artists, composers, and filmmakers and features some traditional Armenian architecture. The Sharambeyan street in the centre, has been preserved and maintained as an "old town", complete with craftsman's workshops, a gallery and a museum. Hiking, mountain biking, and picnicking are popular recreational activities.

As of the 2011 census, Dilijan has a population of 17,712, down from 23,700 reported in the 1989 census. Currently, the town has an approximate population of 16,600 as per the 2016 official estimate. The Armenian government is planning to turn Dilijan into a regional financial capital, beginning with the move of much of the Central Bank's operations to Dilijan in 2013. Dilijan is currently the fastest-growing urban settlement in Armenia.

Parz Lich - The extraordinarily beautiful Lake Parz Lich hid in Dilijan Park high in the mountains. The name translates as "clear" or "clear lake." Do not be confused by the greenish color of the water, it is exceptionally clear and transparent.

And if a great lake Sevan can be mistaken for the sea, then Parz Lich is a small lake, like a “dripping” land of Armenia from the artist’s brush. Poetic lake of very small size (length 385 m., Width - up to 85 m., Depth more than 5 m.). The banks of Parz Leach are framed by a dense forest, so the place becomes especially picturesquely colorful in the fall.

It is easy to guess that it was not without a legend here, but sad: a couple in love died in the lake after the wedding. Since then, the newlyweds traditionally come to Parz Leach in memory of the rapidly breaking love and ask the lake for a happy fate.

Haghartsin Monastery

Haghartsin Monastery, Haghartsinavank - one of the main attractions of the north of Armenia. It is located 15 kilometers from the center of Dilijan, on one of the steepest slopes of the Ijevan mountain range.

This monastery requires undivided attention to itself. Here you can not be distracted, look at the beech forests, spread out literally wherever they look, - do not forgive. While you are descending, or to be more precise - moving down the steep serpentines of the mountain range, Agartsin plays hide and seek - then he appears, then disappears again. But when, finally, you enter the main courtyard, the monastery arises all at once - here it has been standing here for eleven centuries and is waiting.The oldest building of the monastery, a small rectangular church of St. Grigor, was built at the end of the 10th century by monks who fled here from Western Armenia. But the main beauty, Surb Astvatsatsin church, appeared later, in 1184. Around the same time, the princes of the Bagratuni dynasty took the monastery under their protection, and at the same time it received its modern name.True, it was not without confusion - one legend says that at the time of the consecration of the monastery a flock of eagles flew over him and the word Agartsin originated from the roots "hah" (game) and "artsiv" (eagle). The second argues that the monastery received such a name in honor of the mountain lions that once lived in the surrounding forests (“agr” means “tiger” in Armenian, and “ting” means “born”).

The price for excursion with a guide - 200 USD/ for 2 people

19:00 Dinner in Dilijan

The price for dinner - 24 USD/ for 1 people/ without alcohol

Returning to Yerevan

Day 3
Day 3

9:00 Breakfast at the hotel

Excursion to Garni Geghard with a guide

Garni historical and architectural complex Garni is located next to the eponymous modern village. Garni Temple is the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism.

Gegard also uses the old name Ayrivank (“cave monastery”), less often Gehard is a monastic complex, a unique architectural structure in Kotayk region, Armenia. Located in the gorge of the mountain river Goght (right tributary of the Azat river), about 40 km south-east of Yerevan. Listed by UNESCO in the list of World Cultural Heritage sites.

A more complete name - Gegardavank literally - “spear monastery”. The cliffs surrounding the monastery are part of the Gogah river gorge, which, like the monastery complex, is included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List.Some of the temples of the monastery complex are completely hollowed out inside the rocks, while others are complex structures consisting of both walled rooms and rooms that are hollowed deep inside the cliff.On the territory of the monastery complex, there are numerous carved on stone walls and detached khachkars - traditional Armenian stone memorial steles with crosses. Geghard is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Armenia.

Lunch in Garni

The price for dinner - 22 USD/ for 1 people/ without alcohol

The price for excursion with guide - 155 USD

Excursion to brandy factory Ararat.

Yerevan Brandy Company, commonly known with its famous brand "ArArAt", is the leading enterprise of Armenia for the production of cognac. It was founded in 1887, during the period of the Russian Empire. After the Sovietization of Armenia, the factory became a state-owned enterprise. In 1999, the government of independent Armenia sold the factory to the French Pernod Ricard company for distilled beverages. The variety of the company's cognac products are labeled and publicized as ArArAt.

The company owns another factory in the town of Armavir, operating since 1966.

The price for excursion to brandy factory with tasting - 19 USD / for 1 person

Transfer to brandy factory - 30 USD / for 2 people

Day 4
Day 4

9:00 Breakfast at the hotel

Excursion to Saghmosavank, Mughni.

Saghmosavank - In 1215, on the orders of Prince Vache Vachutyan, the Church of Saint Zion was built, which later became “overgrown” with other outbuildings - the Church of the Holy Virgin, a porch and a book depository. The listed structures formed the Sagmosavank monastery, known for manuscript storage, which is not inferior in height to the main temple and has a beautiful interior design, made using red and black elements. In the book repository created and copied various illustrations. On the territory of the monastery complex and the cemetery adjacent to it, there are many ancient khachkars. Especially beautiful is Saghmosavank, if you admire it from the opposite bank of the Kasakh river that flows near it.

Mughni - Monastery is located in the village of the same name 2 km north of Ashtarak. The complex includes the main church of St. Grigor (1661-1669) with a gallery, a refectory, the abbot's apartments and offices. The buildings of the monastery are surrounded by a beautiful, well-kept garden and a wall.

The Church of St. Grigor was erected by the architect Sahak Khizanetsi and his successor Murat in the style of a cross-domed basilica. The building of considerable size is one of the most interesting buildings of its time.The round drum of the dome is completed with an umbrella tent. Under the dome windows there is a relief image of evangelists. In the interior of the church there are fragments of the painting of the XVII century. To the left of the altar - the grave of St.. Gregory. The open three-arch gallery was built simultaneously with the church and differs from similar buildings.Its average span is made somewhat higher and wider than the side, which greatly enhances the architectural expressiveness. The gallery is crowned by a 12-column rotunda. In the same village, about halfway between the monasteries of Mughni and Hovhanavank, there is a nameless church of the 14th century. Interestingly unusual location of the bell tower in relation to the church building.

The price for excursion with guide - 150 USD/ for 2 people

Lunch in Ashtarak

The price for lunch - 22 USD/ for 1 person/without alcohol

Returning to Yerevan

Free time.

Day 5
Day 5

9:00 Breakfast at the hotel

Free time.

Additional offer.

Dinner in restaurant El Garden

The price for dinner - 24 USD/ for 1 people/ without alcohol

The price for transfer - 20 USD/ for 2 people

Day 6
Day 6

9:00 Breakfast at the hotel

Excursion to Ejmiatsin

Etchmiadzin Cathedral is the mother church of the Armenian Apostolic Church, located in the city of Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin), Armenia.According to scholars it was the first cathedral built in ancient Armenia,[E] and is considered the oldest cathedral in the world. The original church was built in the early fourth century—between 301 and 303 according to tradition—by Armenia's patron saint Gregory the Illuminator, following the adoption of Christianity as a state religion by King Tiridates III. It replaced a preexisting temple, symbolizing the conversion from paganism to Christianity. The core of the current building was built in 483/4 by Vahan Mamikonian after the cathedral was severely damaged in a Persian invasion. From its foundation until the second half of the fifth century, Etchmiadzin was the seat of the Catholicos, the supreme head of the Armenian Church. Although never losing its significance, the cathedral subsequently suffered centuries of virtual neglect. In 1441 it was restored as catholicosate and remains as such to this day.[34] Since then the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin has been the administrative headquarters of the Armenian Church. Etchmiadzin was plundered by the Safavids in 1604, when relics and stones were taken out of the cathedral to New Julfa in an effort to undermine Armenians' attachment to their land. Since then the cathedral has undergone a number of renovations. Belfries were added in the latter half of the seventeenth century and in 1868 a sacristy was constructed at the cathedral's east end.Today, it incorporates styles of different periods of Armenian architecture. Diminished during the early Soviet period, Etchmiadzin revived again in the second half of the twentieth century, and under independent Armenia. As the main shrine of religious Christian Armenians worldwide, Etchmiadzin has been an important location in Armenia not only religiously, but also politically and culturally. A major pilgrimage site, it is one of the most visited places in the country. Along with several important early medieval churches located nearby, the cathedral was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000.

The price for excursion with guide - 135 USD/ for 2 people

Transfer airport Zvartnots.

The price for transfer - 28 USD/ for 2 people

You can send your inquiry via the form below.

en_USEnglish
ru_RURussian en_USEnglish