The tour is intended for those who are discovering Armenia for the first time and envisage visiting the main tourist destinations of the capital, as well as tours to the most popular and fascinating places of Armenia outside of Yerevan. The tour is intended for a family holiday, a friendly company, or as a gift.
Meeting with guests. Transfer airport Zvartnots Yerevan. Check in at the hotel. Walking tour of Yerevan, with a guide - North Avenue, Cascade, Opera and Ballet Theater. Northern Avenue is a pedestrian avenue in Yerevan, Armenia, opened in 2007. It is in the central Kentron district and links Abovyan Street with Freedom Square on Tumanyan street. It is 450 metres (1,480 ft) long and 27 metres (89 ft) wide. Located in downtown Yerevan, the avenue is mainly home to luxurious residential buildings, high-end branded shops, commercial offices, coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs. Armenian National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet named after Alexander Spendiaryan in Yerevan was officially opened on 20 January 1933, with Alexander Spendiaryan's Almast opera performance. The opera building was designed by the Armenian architect Alexander Tamanian. It consists of two concert halls: the Aram Khatchaturian concert hall with 1,400 seats and the Alexander Spendiaryan Opera and Ballet National Theatre with 1,200 seats. The Cascade is a giant stairway made of limestone in Yerevan, Armenia. It links the downtown Ketron area of Yerevan with the Monument neighborhood. Designed by architects Jim Torosyan, Aslan Mkhitaryan, and Sargis Gurzadyan the construction of the cascade started in 1971 and was partially completed in 1980. Inside the Cascade, underneath the exterior steps, are seven escalators that rise along the length of the complex. There are also exhibit halls connected to some of the landings along the escalators which compose the Cafesjian Museum of Art. The exterior of The Cascade features multiple levels adorned with fountains and modernist sculptures from the Cafesjian collection. The stairs afford walkers unobstructed views of central Yerevan and Mount Ararat. At the base of the Cascade is a garden court yard with statues by contemporary sculptures such as Botero. There are a number of cafes and restaurants on both sides of the Cascade frequented by locals and tourists. Classical and jazz concerts often take place at the Cascade during spring, summer and early autumn, with spectators sitting on the steps.
09:30 Breakfast in the hotel. Excursion to Garni Geghard, lake Sevan, Sevanavank with a guide. Garni historical and architectural complex Garni is located next to the eponymous modern village. Garni Temple is the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism. Gegard also uses the old name Ayrivank (“cave monastery”), less often Gehard is a monastic complex, a unique architectural structure in Kotayk region, Armenia. Located in the gorge of the mountain river Goght (right tributary of the Azat river), about 40 km south-east of Yerevan. Listed by UNESCO in the list of World Cultural Heritage sites. A more complete name - Gegardavank literally - “spear monastery”. The cliffs surrounding the monastery are part of the Gogah river gorge, which, like the monastery complex, is included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List.Some of the temples of the monastery complex are completely hollowed out inside the rocks, while others are complex structures consisting of both walled rooms and rooms that are hollowed deep inside the cliff.On the territory of the monastery complex, there are numerous carved on stone walls and detached khachkars - traditional Armenian stone memorial steles with crosses. Geghard is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Armenia. Sevan, Sevanavank This is without doubt one of the most exciting places in Armenia. This miracle of nature is located 60 km from Yerevan. Sevan is considered the pearl of Armenia. As the largest freshwater basin in the South Caucasus, Sevan is the second largest alpine lake in the world after the Bolivian Lake Titicaca. The gentle turquoise of the waters of Sevan is always amazing, the lake is immensely harsh and majestic. The mystery of the origin of Sevan was not completely unraveled. Some experts believe that the lake’s cup is the crater of an extinct volcano, while others say that millions of years ago, volcanic lava formed a natural reservoir that holds water inside. Returning to Yerevan. Free time.
09:30 Breakfast in the hotel. Excursion to Xor Virap, Noravank, Areni with degustation and guide. The Khor Virap is an Armenian monastery located in the Ararat plain in Armenia, near the closed border with Turkey, about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) south of Artashat, Ararat Province, within the territory of ancient Artaxata. The monastery was host to a theological seminary and was the residence of Armenian Catholicos. Khor Virap's notability as a monastery and pilgrimage site is attributed to the fact that Gregory the Illuminator was initially imprisoned here for 13 years by King Tiridates III of Armenia. Saint Gregory subsequently became the king's religious mentor, and they led the proselytizing activity in the country. In the year 301, Armenia was the first country in the world to be declared a Christian nation. A chapel was initially built in 642 at the site of Khor Virap by Nerses III the Builder as a mark of veneration to Saint Gregory. Over the centuries, it was repeatedly rebuilt. In 1662, the larger chapel known as the "St. Astvatsatsin" (Holy Mother of God) was built around the ruins of the old chapel, the monastery, the refectory and the cells of the monks. Now, regular church services are held in this church. It is one of the most visited pilgrimage sites in Armenia. Noravank is a 13th-century Armenian monastery, located 122 km from Yerevan in a narrow gorge made by the Amaghu River, near the town of Yeghegnadzor, Armenia. The gorge is known for its tall, sheer, brick-red cliffs, directly across from the monastery. The monastery is best known for its two-storey Surb Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God) church, which grants access to the second floor by way of a narrow stone-made staircase jutting out from the face of building. The monastery is sometimes called Noravank at Amaghu, with Amaghu being the name of a small and nowadays abandoned village above the canyon, in order to distinguish it from Bgheno-Noravank, near Goris. In the 13th–14th centuries the monastery became a residence of Syunik's bishops and, consequently, a major religious and, later, cultural center of Armenia closely connected with many of the local seats of learning, especially with Gladzor's famed university and library. Areni is a village in the Vayots Dzor Province of Armenia. It is best known for its wine production, although the majority of wine produced locally is from the nearby village of Getap. The church of S. Astvatsatsin is a single-nave two-aisled domed Armenian church completed in the year 1321, and is located atop a plateau overlooking the Arpa River and Areni. It was designed by the architect and sculptor Momik who is best known for his high-relief carvings at the monastery of Noravank (located approximately 6 kilometers southeast from Areni). Nearby are also the 13th century ruins of lord Tarsaitch Orbelian of Syunik's palace, moved from Yeghegis to Areni during that time. Ruins of a 13th-century bridge built by Bishop Sarkis in 1265-1287 are one kilometer northeast of the church. At the same location are the remains of an older bridge. Duration 5-6 hours. 13:00 lunch at the “Country House”. Where you will get acquainted with the national cuisine of the region cooked by the owners of the house. 14:30 Degustation armenian wine in Areni. Returning to Yerevan. Free time.
09:30 Breakfast in the hotel. 11:30 Check out at the hotel. Excursion to Ejmiatsin Etchmiadzin Cathedral is the mother church of the Armenian Apostolic Church, located in the city of Vagharshapat (Etchmiadzin), Armenia.According to scholars it was the first cathedral built in ancient Armenia,[E] and is considered the oldest cathedral in the world. The original church was built in the early fourth century—between 301 and 303 according to tradition—by Armenia's patron saint Gregory the Illuminator, following the adoption of Christianity as a state religion by King Tiridates III. It replaced a preexisting temple, symbolizing the conversion from paganism to Christianity. The core of the current building was built in 483/4 by Vahan Mamikonian after the cathedral was severely damaged in a Persian invasion. From its foundation until the second half of the fifth century, Etchmiadzin was the seat of the Catholicos, the supreme head of the Armenian Church. Although never losing its significance, the cathedral subsequently suffered centuries of virtual neglect. In 1441 it was restored as catholicosate and remains as such to this day. Since then the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin has been the administrative headquarters of the Armenian Church. Etchmiadzin was plundered by the Safavids in 1604, when relics and stones were taken out of the cathedral to New Julfa in an effort to undermine Armenians' attachment to their land. Since then the cathedral has undergone a number of renovations. Belfries were added in the latter half of the seventeenth century and in 1868 a sacristy was constructed at the cathedral's east end.Today, it incorporates styles of different periods of Armenian architecture. Diminished during the early Soviet period, Etchmiadzin revived again in the second half of the twentieth century, and under independent Armenia. As the main shrine of religious Christian Armenians worldwide, Etchmiadzin has been an important location in Armenia not only religiously, but also politically and culturally. A major pilgrimage site, it is one of the most visited places in the country. Along with several important early medieval churches located nearby, the cathedral was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000. Transfer airport Zvartnots.